A key component of the GITEWS project is to support the implementation of a "Capacity Building Unit" (CBU) in Indonesia.
The CBU will be responsible for the preparation, implementation, development and quality assurance of the training measures and will be a coordination and service provider for the German and Indonesian partners involved in the Tsunami Early Warning System.
The CBU will monitor, assist and coordinate technical training activities related to GITEWS and will highlight the existing training activities as well as detect training gaps and advise Indonesian institutions how to fill them, e.g. to coordinate and set-up technical trainings, courses or educational campaigns or to develop teaching and awareness materials in Indonesia.
The Tasks for the GITEWS Capacity Building Unit are the following:
- Identification of target groups for TEWS training measures for INA-TEWS
- Clear classification of training needs and existing schemes
- Elaboration of concepts for training schemes
- Coordination of the knowledge and information exchange in regard to training measures by permanent communication and reporting to all involved partners in GITEWS
- Training management and steering of training measures in Indonesia
- Organize seminars for technical training for TEWS
- Support and carry out pre-selection of potential trainees for specific training courses
- Evaluation and Quality Assessment of training activities